Although the marijuana leaf is quickly replacing the maple leaf on the Canadian flag we’re not quite convinced there’s anything more Canadian than Maple Syrup. Then we figured, why not combine two of Canada’s most symbolic items into one? Cannabis Infused Maple Syrup for you to celebrate your Canadian Maple Syrup day. We found this simple recipe to share with you:
Marijuana-Infused Maple Syrup Recipe
- First, you’ll need to decarboxylate your weed for approximately 45 minutes at 176ºF-293ºF in the oven depending on THC content. For cannabis with around 3-5mg/g of THC, stay towards the low end of the range. For cannabis with around 10-15mg/g of THC, stay towards the upper end of the range.
- Grind up your cannabis and place it in a deep baking dish covered tightly in foil. Lightly toasting the weed makes sure that all of the THC is activated to the fullest!
- Make a double boiler setup (a heat-resistant bowl over a pot of boiling water) to heat your maple syrup up to 160ºF, using a confectioner’s thermometer to measure the temperature.
- Add the ground marijuana to a cheesecloth bag so it’s easier to strain out of your syrup later in the process.
- Submerge the cheesecloth bag of cannabis into the heated maple syrup.
- Infuse for no less than two hours (or else it will not have the desired effects)
- Check your syrup every so often to make certain that the water in the bottom layer of your double boiler hasn’t steamed away. This water layer is what allows for even heating and no burning.
- After you remove the cheesecloth bag of cannabis, squeeze it thoroughly to get every last drop of your marijuana-infused maple syrup out.
(recipe found at www.dailymarijuanaobserver.com)
Cannabis Infused Pancakes
Since maple syrup is basically nothing without pancakes we decided to dig a little deeper to help you celebrate your International Pancake Day. Which is a pretty big deal, so if you decide to skip the massive lines at iHop here’s an easy way to enjoy at home. Fluff up your traditional breakfast with a batch of cannabis infused pancakes using this simple recipe:
Start to Finish: 15–20 minutes
Yields: 10 medium pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 100mg worth of cannabis tincture
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Add egg and milk.
- Mix the cannabis tincture with the melted butter and incorporate thoroughly into mixture.
- Set stove to medium. Coat a large frying pan with butter.
- Use a quarter-cup of batter for each pancake, cooking until batter is bubbling. Then flip the pancake and let cook for another 30–60 seconds or until golden.
- Repeat process until batter is gone.
- Top with maple syrup (recipe above)